How to apply for a Covid-19 business support grant
Who can get the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)
This grant is available for Brighton & Hove based businesses who:
- currently pay business rates
- get small business rates relief so have a bill but nothing to pay
- get retail relief so have a bill but nothing to pay
The business should have been closed to the public under the government’s restrictions, or have been required to close their main business but have been operating a reduced service such as a takeaway or click and collect.
The business should be in one of the government’s defined categories.
- non-essential retail
- hospitality venues
- leisure and sports facilities
- entertainment venues
- personal care facilities
- community centres and halls
- nightclubs, dance halls and sexual entertainment venues
The government has set out a lists of business which do NOT get the award including
- essential retail
- petrol stations/car repairs,
- bike shops
- banks, short term loan provider,
- medical and dental services
- vets and pet shops
Furthermore your business is not eligible for this fund, if it:
- is in areas outside the scope of the restrictions - as defined by the government
- businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to
- businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework
- businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made
Read the full government guidance. We realise that not all types of business are specifically mentioned so if you are in doubt please apply and we will let you know whether you are entitled to a payment.
Third lockdown from 16 February 2021 to 31 March 2021
The amount of award will be based on the size of the business premises using the rateable value of the property.
The award is for 44 days:
- properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, grants will be £2,096.00
- properties with a rateable value of between £15,000 to £51,000, grants will be £3,143.00
- properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or over, grants will be £4,714.00
The closing date for applications is 31 May 2021.