How to apply for a Covid-19 business support grant
How to get a Restart Grant
This grant for shops (non-essential retail), personal care businesses such as hairdressers and beauty salons, restaurants and pubs, accommodation, and leisure.
Grants will be available for the period 1 April until 30 June 2021.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- pays business rates
- is trading on 1 April 2021
You cannot get funding if your business:
- is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance listed on this government guidance
Eligible businesses will be paid:
- a one-off grant of up to £6,000 in the non-essential retail sector
- a one-off grant of up to £18,000 in the following sectors:
- personal care
If you have applied previously for a grant, please sign back into your account and add a claim for the new Restart Grant to your existing application..
If you have not applied before you will need to start a main grant application (green button on the form) and add the Restart Grant form to complete the application.
You do not need to submit duplicate applications for the same property.
The government has directed councils to make pre-payment checks which may result in delay to assessing and making some payments.
Find more information in the ‘How to Apply’ section.