Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR)
If your business property has a rateable value of £12,000 or less, you don't need to pay any business rates.
For properties with a rateable value of £12,001 to £15,000, the SBRR discount will go down gradually from 100% to 0%.
For example, if your rateable value is £13,500, you'll get 50% off your business rates bill.
Empty properties and charities that already get an 80% discount don't qualify for SBRR.
If you use more than one property
When you get a second property, you'll keep getting any existing rate relief on your first property for 12 months.
You can still get rate relief on your first property after 12 months if:
- none of your other properties have a rateable value above £2,899 and
- the total rateable value of all your properties is less than £20,000
SBRR can't be awarded if you move into more than one business property on the same date.
Tell us about a change
If you get SBRR, you need to tell us within 28 days if:
- you take on another business property
- any of your business properties become unoccupied
- the rateable value of any of your extra properties rises above £2,900
- the total value of all your properties rises above £20,000
You can use our online form to tell us about a change.