What is a renewal of vows ceremony
Renewal of vows ceremonies are for couples who would like to renew their marriage vows or civil partnership commitment.
- the ceremony could be a celebration of a special anniversary
- if your marriage or civil partnership took place abroad, you can renew your vows in a ceremony with family and friends who were unable to travel
These ceremonies have no legal basis and are just a way to celebrate your marriage or civil partnership with your loved ones.
What happens on the day
The ceremony is usually about 15-30 minutes. We will work with you to create a ceremony which is personal to you. This can incorporate the following:
- introduction and welcome
- opportunity to mention any children of the marriage or civil partnership
- reading or poems
- renewal of vows
- rededication of rings
- giving of new rings or gifts
- signing of certificate
You can hold the ceremony at:
- Brighton Town Hall
- an approved venue in Brighton & Hove
- at another venue such as a private home or garden, by special arrangement
What are our costs and fees
Fees for ceremonies vary depending on the venue you have chosen.
To see our fees go to our Fees and cancellations for ceremonies page.
To arrange a ceremony please contact one of our celebrants:
- phone: 01273 292 016
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org