Forms for burial, cremation and family history research
Many of the forms on this page are to be completed by funeral directors. You might be asked to complete some forms yourself when arranging a funeral or for genealogy research. We will tell you which forms you need.
These forms are in PDF format, so that they can be printed and sent to us by post.
They may not be fully accessible to assistive technologies (like a screen reader).
If you use assistive technology and need versions of this document in a more accessible format, please send an email to to email@example.com It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use and what format you prefer.
Frequently requested forms
- Notice of burial of ashes (PDF97KB) - burial of ashes in a grave a grave
- Notice of scattering on a grave (PDF55KB) - scattering on a grave
- Grave space purchase form (PDF 457KB) - For pre-purchasing of a grave by up to two people
- Directions for disposal of cremated remains (PDF 66KB)
- Directions for Disposal for cremated remains from another crematorium (PDF 33KB) - scattering in Garden of Remembrance
- Directions for Disposal for cremated remains from another crematorium (PDF 34KB) - scattering in Woodland Valley
- Genealogy research order form (PDF 50KB) for family history research
Form for making arrangements for your own funeral
Forms for transferring grave ownership
- Probate form (PDF 70KB) - If the deceased grave owner left a valid will
- Single Deed of Assignment (PDF 112KB) - If the living owner of a grave wants to transfer a grave to one person
- Double Deed of Assignment (PDF 113KB) - If the living owner of a grave wants to transfer a grave to two people
- Deed of Surrender (PDF 67KB) - If the living grave owner wishes to sell a grave back to the council
- Statutory Declaration Questionnaire (PDF 76KB) - if the deceased grave owner's estate is intestate
Forms for stonemasons
- Memorial permit application (PDF 92KB) - For placing a new or replacement memorial on a grave. This must be signed by the grave owner. If the grave owner is deceased a transfer of ownership must be applied for first.
- Form of Indemnity (PDF 60KB) - If the grave owner is the person recently buried in the grave a Form of Indemnity allows for an additional inscription for the deceased to be added to an existing memorial.
- If you wish to apply for a memorial after a cremation at Woodvale, visit the Garden of Remembrance page.
Forms for funeral directors
- Notice of burial (PDF 83KB)
- Notice of Cremation (PDF 110KB)
- Consent for disposal of metal implants (PDF 68KB)
- Cremation form 1 - Application for cremation
- Cremation form 2 - Application for cremation of body parts
- Cremation form 3 - Application for cremation of stillborn baby
- Cremation forms 4 - Medical certificate
- Cremation form 5 - Confirmatory medical certificate
- Cremation form 8 - Certificate releasing body parts for cremation
- Cremation form 11 - Certificate after post-mortem examination
- Cremation form 13 - Certificate of stillbirth
- Application for cremation of foetal remains (PDF 64KB)
- Certificate of medical practitioner or midwife for foetal remains (PDF 79KB)
- Application for interment of body parts (PDF 61KB)
- Grave ownership renewal form (PDF 256KB)