Plan your wedding or civil partnership ceremony
Service update: 16 July 2021
If you or anyone in your household, is showing any symptoms including a fever and/or a continuous cough, please do not visit the Register Office.
Wedding and Civil Partnership ceremonies
- We are experiencing a very high volume of ceremony and notice enquiries and are working hard to respond as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.
- Following health and safety advice and guidance the number of people allowed to safely attend ceremonies in our Regency Suite and Council Chamber has been increased. These numbers will apply until further notice, including after 19 July. Thank you for helping to keep everyone safe
- A maximum of 22 people in the Regency Room, which includes the couple and photographer. This is subject to a maximum of 6 household bubbles.
- A maximum of 40 people in the Council Chamber, which includes the couple and photographer. This is subject to a maximum of 12 household bubbles.
- The maximum numbers include all those at the ceremony, including the couple, witnesses, and guests of all ages, including under 5s. It is only the registrars who are not included in this limit.
- During all activities linked to a wedding, civil partnership ceremony, or alternative celebratory ceremony, all parties should respect social distancing guidelines. This means staying at least 1 metre apart from those you do not live with whilst taking extra steps to reduce transmission.
- We will be maintaining the COVID-19 safety measures described above until further notice – this includes ceremonies taking place after 19 July. We will regularly review safe capacity and increase numbers only when it is safe to do so..
- If you would like to book a ceremony or discuss your plans please phone 01273 292 016 and press option 2 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.