Plan your wedding or civil partnership ceremony
Service update Thursday 24 September 2020
Brighton and Hove registration service is delighted that we are able to provide ceremonies for marriage and civil partnership. To comply with social distancing guidelines we are not currently able to take bookings for the Fitzherbert Room. All ‘Regency Suite’ ceremonies will take place in our beautifully redecorated Regency Room where we can safely welcome a party of a couple and eight guests distanced at 2 metres.
We realise that this will come as good news to many couples, yet will be disappointing to those who had looked forward to a larger celebration. Our policy remains in place on postponing ceremonies to a later date, which we offer free of charge into a similar ceremony slot. We will review restrictions along with any easing in government advice. Our priority is keeping our customers, staff and the wider community safe.
New restrictions mean:
- we can only have 15 persons in the Council Chamber not including the registrar
- numbers in the Regency Room remain the same (couple plus 8 guests)
- face coverings must be worn by guests but not by the couple or registrars
- we kindly request no confetti at this time
- please be aware that the use of ‘confetti cannons’ or similar high-volume confetti devices is a littering offence and they are prohibited
To enable us to maintain a safe and secure environment ceremony times will be further apart than usual and we may have to change the time of some ceremonies slightly to allow for this. We will always offer the nearest time to the original slot, and apologise for any inconvenience.
Our diary is now open for new ceremony bookings. Notice appointments can be booked if you have a confirmed ceremony date within the next 3 months.
Please visit our website for updates.