Plan your wedding or civil partnership ceremony
Service update: 28 August 2021
If you or anyone in your household, is showing any symptoms including a fever and/or a continuous cough, please do not visit the Register Office.
Wedding and Civil Partnership ceremonies
- We are experiencing a very high volume of ceremony and notice enquiries and are working hard to respond as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.
Ceremonies in Brighton Town Hall
- Following health and safety advice and a review of our room capacity, we are pleased to confirm an increase in our permitted numbers as follows:
- A maximum of 30 guests plus the couple in the Regency Room (32 people in total).
- A maximum of 64 guests in the Council Chamber plus the couple (66 people in total).
- The maximum numbers include all those at the ceremony, including the couple, witnesses, and guests of all ages, including under 5s. It is only the registrars who are not included in this limit
- During all activities linked to a wedding, civil partnership ceremony, or alternative celebratory ceremony, all parties should respect social distancing of 2 metres from the registrars.
- Guests are expected to wear a face-covering throughout the ceremony in Brighton Town Hall.
- The permitted numbers at ceremonies remain subject to regular review and may be reduced in the event of a surge in COVID-19 infections.
- If you would like to book a ceremony or discuss your plans please phone 01273 292 016 and press option 2 or send an email to email@example.com.