Ceremonies at Brighton Town Hall
What rooms are available to hire at Brighton Town Hall. Find out about their facilities, prices and web streaming service.
Our ceremony rooms
Brighton Town Hall was built between 1830 and 1832. It is a Grade II listed building. It features fine porticoes with fluted ionic columns outside, and an impressive central staircase and atrium inside.
Our ceremony rooms within Brighton Town Hall offer a range of options from small ceremony of 4 up to a large gathering of 120.
The Regency Suite
The Regency Suite is on the ground floor of Brighton Town Hall.
- The Regency Room
- The Fitzherbert Room
Fees are for the use of the whole Regency Suite and include the following:
- Your choice of either the Regency Room or Fitzherbert Room for your ceremony
- Use of the Ante Room
- Celebrant Registrar and Registrar to conduct your ceremony according to your wishes and register your marriage or civil partnership
- 2 statutory certificates (these are posted to you after the ceremony)
- A unique personalised Brighton and Hove celebratory certificate presented at the end of your ceremony
All rooms are light, elegant and welcoming with warm cream tones accented with gold touches and sparkling chandeliers. All rooms are accessible and have original polished pitch pine parquet flooring throughout.
The Regency Room
The Regency Room, for a group of up to 46 seated guests, accommodates an aisle for your journey to your ceremony. The feature fireplace provides a focal point for post-ceremony photographs. The walls are hung with original paintings on generous loan from Brighton Museum and Art Gallery.
The Fitzherbert Room
If you prefer a more intimate ceremony, the Fitzherbert Room is perfect for you. It seats a maximum of 10 people, including the couple. The room has accents of green and gold and a stunning heart-shaped Venetian mirror. It features decorative antique chinoiserie furniture on generous loan from Brighton Museum and Art Gallery.
The Ante Room
The Ante Room is richly furnished with antique chairs. It provides a calm space for the couple to keep separate from each other before the ceremony if preferred. The full-length mirror is perfect for those last-minute checks before making an entrance.
The Council Chamber
Our largest room is located on the second floor of the town Hall. The Council Chamber can hold up to 120 guests.
Find out how much it costs to hold your ceremony at Brighton Town Hall.
Book web streaming
The Regency Room offers an online 'wedcast' service. You can invite virtual guests via your own unique link.
- your ceremony will be live for 45 minutes during your ceremony
- you will be able to view your ceremony for 6 weeks
- a video is produced. It will be available to download as an MP4 file. This can be viewed using media players, mobile devices and PCs.
How we make things easier for you
At Brighton Town Hall, we have the following:
- disabled toilet
- baby changing
- wheelchair accessible entrance
- hearing loop (in the Regency and Fitzherbert Rooms)
- ear piece (in the Council Chamber)
The Council Chamber is located on the second floor. Please contact the service if you or your guests cannot use the stairs.
Book your ceremony at Brighton Town Hall
Phone 01273 292 016 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking at Brighton Town Hall
The nearest car park is The Lanes car park.
If you would like to park a wedding car outside Brighton Town Hall this needs to be requested in advance. Ask the ceremonies team for details.