Apply for Self-Isolation Payments (SIPs)
Support while isolating
If you are isolating and need help and support, please contact the Community Hub for assistance.
The hub can help you access:
- food and medicine
- offer befriending and learning packages to reduce feelings of loneliness
- support in many other ways
- provide financial advice
From 28 September 2020, you may be entitled to a Self-Isolation Payment of £500 if you:
- have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- are employed or self-employed
- are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- are currently receiving or have applied for:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit.
You will need to meet all of the criteria above to qualify for a Self-Isolation Payment.
If you are not in receipt of any of the benefits mentioned above, we may be able to make a discretionary payment of £500 if you will face financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self-isolating.
Make a claim for a Self-Isolation Payment or a Discretionary Self-Isolation Payment
To make a claim you will need to complete this form.
- a notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate
- for example A1H4CHY5
- your National Insurance number
- for example AA123456A
Please also provide:
- your most recent bank statement from the last 2 months, and
- proof of employment, such as your 2 most recent payslips, or
- if you are self-employed, evidence of:
- self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact
If you can't upload proof at the time of filling in the Self-Isolation Payment from, please upload a blank document so you can continue with the application form. When you are able to send the information, please email this to communityHubHelp@brighton-hove.gov.uk
Please make sure you put your National Insurance number and the word SIP, so that we can identify your email as a priority.
Find more information on Self-Isolation Payments
Our frequently asked questions page gives more detail about the scheme.
Phone us for help
If you are unable to complete the form online or you are unable to access the form online, then please contact us on: 01273 293 117 (option: 2), we will be happy to help you.
This phone line is open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4:30pmApply for a Self-Isolation payment