Advice - Brighton & Hove
A comprehensive directory of local independent advice agencies and national advice helplines. The site includes location maps, links to online self-help and a new webcam service for face to face advice.
Age UK Brighton & Hove
Brighton Housing Trust (Housing Advice Enquiries)
- Tel: (01273) 234737
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.bht.org.uk
- Address: Community Base 113-117 Queens Road Brighton, BN1 3XG.
- Legal Housing Advice - Drop in Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, Friday, queue from 9.15am - 12.30pm
- Brighton Advice Centre- Monday to Friday 9.30am - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Brighton and Hove Food Partnership
A non profit organisation, helping people learn to cook, eat a healthy diet, to grow their own food and to waste less food. Visit their Website to find out more www.bhfood.org.uk.
Brighton Unemployed Centre Families Project
- Tel: (01273) 671213/601211
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.bucfp.org
- Address: 6 Tilbury Place, Brighton, BN2 0GY
- Opening Times: Monday to Wednesday 10.30am - 1pm & 2pm - 4pm
- Thursday 10.30am - 1pm
- Friday 2pm - 4pm.
- Lunch served at 1pm during weekdays
Brighton & Hove Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
Offering free, confidential, impartial and independent advice on managing your finances, including opening bank accounts, problems with bank accounts, benefit overpayments, council rent arrears, budgeting and general debt problems.
GOV.UK Benefits Adviser
What benefits are you entitled to?
Many people are missing out on benefits and tax credits by not knowing that they may be entitled to them. The Benefits Adviser is an online questionnaire to help you find out which benefits and tax credits you and your family may be entitled to. No personal information is required. The Benefits Adviser tool is provided by gov.uk, the UK government’s public services access website: www.gov.uk/benefits-adviser
East Sussex Credit Union
A not-for-profit savings and loans co-operative focusing on the needs of those on low incomes. The credit union offers easy-to-access savings accounts and affordable, flexible loans. It is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority with savings 100% guaranteed by the FSA Compensation Scheme.
Housing Options Team
- Tel: (01273) 294400 - Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Brighton & Hove City Council, Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, Brighton BN1 1JP
- Opening times at customer service centre, Bartholomew Square: Monday to Friday 9am - 4.30pm
Find more information about what the team does in our services A to Z.
Money Advice Plus
- Tel: (01273) 664000 Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm, 2pm to 5pm
- Fax: (01273) 022 662
- Address: Tisbury Road Offices, Hove Town Hall, Tisbury Road, Hove, BN3 3BQ
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.moneyadviceplus.org.uk
Moneyworks Advice line
Money advice available to residents in Brighton & Hove.
- Monday: 3pm to 7pm
- Tuesday: 9am to 1pm
- Wednesday: 12.30pm to 4.30pm
- Thursday: 12.30pm to 4.30pm
- Friday 10am to 2pm
My Life directory
The My Life directory lists services and organisations in Brighton and Hove offering money advice and benefits support.
Possability People is a charity that aims to make more things possible for you in your life, no matter what your situation. The charity works with disabled people, older and younger people, or anyone with an impairment or long term health condition.
Private Sector Housing Services
- Tel: (01273) 293156 9am to 5pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Private Sector Housing webpage
- Address: Brighton & Hove City Council, Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove BN1 3BQ
- Opening times at customer services centre, Norton Road Hove: Monday to Friday 8.45am - 4.30pm
UK registered charity offering information and advice to asylum-seekers and refugees.
- Tel: 0808 808 2255
- Textphone/Minicom: 0808 808 2259 (for people with speech or hearing difficulties)
- Opening hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 9.30am - 1pm and 2pm - 4.30pm, Wednesdays 2pm - 5pm only.
- Children's Panel advice line: 0207 346 1134 open Mondays to Fridays: 9.30am - 5.30pm. Works directly with children as well as giving advice to those involved in their support.
- Website: www.refugeecouncil.org.uk
Royal British Legion Sussex County Welfare Team
Part of the legion's extensive Poppy Support services. If you are serving, have served or are the dependent or carer of someone who has served in the UK's Armed Forces, then you are eligible for help. The welfare team can offer financial aid in an urgent crisis, help homeless ex-service people get back on their feet, advise on compensation claims, offer careers advice for those looking to make a fresh start after leaving the Forces, arrange home or hospital visits, advise on coping with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and much more.
Free, independent advice and information on housing to help you understand your rights and options.
We also provide advice and information on rent, mortgage arrears and budget advice.
- Website: Shelter
- Tel: 0808 800 4444 *Free advice helpline
St Luke's Advice Service
Sussex Interpreting Services
University of Brighton Student Advice Service
University of Sussex Students Union Advice & Representation Centre
Youth Advice Centre (YAC)
If you need information or advice on a legal problem go to www.gov.uk/legal-aid to find your nearest qualified legal adviser and use a legal aid eligibility calculator.
Working 50 Plus
A local support network that offers help for people aged 50 and over to get back into work.