Benefits (discretionary payments) - Apply for extra help to pay your rent and Council Tax

Use this form to review your decision or make an enquiry about the Benefits Local Discretionary Social Fund.

To apply you need:

  • a current claim for housing benefit, Universal Credit - Housing Cost Element or Council Tax reduction 

You'll also need to tell us or provide:

  • bank printouts for all accounts held (including savings and secondary accounts), showing transaction and balances for the last 30 days (and statements from your partner if applicable)
  • detailed information about your income, savings and outgoings
  • if you receive Universal Credit, screenshots of your journal
  • you or a member of your family have health issues, documents proving this

There is currently no save functionality on this form. Please be prepared to complete the form in one session.

If you need help you can:

We process, analyse and use your data in a range of ways to better understand what our customers need and to improve the way in which the council delivers your services.

Find more information about how we use your data in our privacy and data notice.