Help with household tasks
How to get help around the home with things like cleaning, gardening, cooking and shopping.
Get help from a local service
If you’re having difficulty with household tasks, a local service could help you.
For help with housework, laundry, home maintenance and gardening you can contact:
- gardening schemes for council tenants
- decorating schemes for council tenants
- the trading standards approved Buy With Confidence website
For help with shopping or cooking, you could:
- use the Easylink bus service
- shop online and have your order delivered
- buy ready meals
- arrange hot meals to be delivered to your home
- go to a local lunch club for low cost meals
Get help ordering and collecting your medication
Most GP practices offer online and telephone services for ordering repeat prescriptions. You can also ask to have your medication delivered to your home.
Get help with computer skills
If you’d like to do more things online, find out about free computer support sessions from Digital Brighton and Hove.
Paying for help around the home
If you have a long term health condition, illness or disability you might be able to get help with the cost of getting help around the home.
Check what benefits are available to you.
If you only need help with household tasks, you would usually need to pay for this yourself. If you think you need more help, ask Adult Social Care for an assessment.