Webcasting service privacy notice

Read our privacy notice for information on how we collect, store and process your data.

Brighton & Hove City Council is the data controller for purposes of the General Data Protection (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number Z5840053.

Brighton & Hove City Council are committed to protecting your personal information. As a data controller we have a responsibility to make sure you know why and how your personal information is being collected in accordance with relevant data protection law.

This meeting may be filmed for live or subsequent broadcast via the council’s website.  

At the start of the meeting the Chairman will confirm if all or part of the meeting is being filmed.

Data collected during this webcast will be retained for four years in accordance with the council’s data retention policy therefore by entering the meeting room and using the seats around the meeting tables you are deemed to be consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for the purpose of webcasting and/or Member training. If members of the public do not wish to have their image captured they should sit in the public gallery area.

If you have any queries regarding webcasting of meeting, please contact the Head of Democratic Services or the designated Democratic Services Officer listed on the agenda.

How to get advice or make a complaint 

Data Protection Officer 

If you have a concern about how we collect or use your personal data you can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer.  

How to make a complaint 

We aim to resolve all complaints about how we handle personal information. You also have the right to make a complaint about data protection to the Information Commissioner's Office.  

Contact them by post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or phone 0303 1231 113. 

You can also make a complaint or find out more information on the Commissioner's Office website

If your complaint is not about data protection, find details on how to make a complaint about a council service