Housing adaptations grant application privacy notice

Read our privacy notice for information on how we collect, store and process your data.

Privacy Notice

The Council is the data controller for purposes of the Data Protection Act (2018) and EU General Data Protection Regulation as of May 2018 and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)

Brighton & Hove City Council are committed to protecting your personal information. As a data controller we have a responsibility to make sure you know why and how your personal information is being collected in accordance with relevant data protection law.

Purposes and lawful basis of processing

We are collecting your data for the purpose of processing you application for a Disabled Facilities Grant. To process your application we will need your completed grant application form and any relevant supporting documents. Your contact details may be used for communication purposes in relation to your application.

We have a legal obligation to process your information, specifically working within the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996.

We process special category data as it is necessary for the provision of health and social care.

Who we will share your data with

Your data may be shared externally with Mears Home Improvement Agency if you opt to employ them, which would mean your data may also be shared with the selected Framework Contractor.

How long we will hold your data (retention)

We will hold your data for seven years from close of case.

Transferring data outside the European Economic Area

Your information is not processed outside of the European Economic Area.

Your information rights

Under GDPR you have certain rights concerning your information.

Check your rights in relation to your personal information.

How to get advice or make a complaint 

Data Protection Officer 

If you have a concern about how we collect or use your personal data you can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer.  

How to make a complaint 

We aim to resolve all complaints about how we handle personal information. You also have the right to make a complaint about data protection to the Information Commissioner's Office.  

Contact them by post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or phone 0303 1231 113. 

You can also make a complaint or find out more information on the Commissioner's Office website

If your complaint is not about data protection, find details on how to make a complaint about a council service