Find help to access our website
We aim to make the Brighton & Hove City Council website as accessible and useable as we can for all our visitors.
If you have any problems using the website, feedback will give us guidance so we can make it better. Please, if you experience any trouble accessing services or information on the council site, contact us.
If you want some support around starting to use the internet to access council services you might benefit from using our Library Connect service at Brighton & Hove libraries.
For those of you needing further help on accessing websites, we hope the following information will be useful.
GOV.UK’s pages on accessibility provide a good summary of where to find out information on accessibility
Like GOV.UK we are pointing to the BBC’s excellent accessibility pages to get you started. We’ve included some direct links below.
- How to change text and background colours
- How to change your fonts
- How to magnify the screen
- How to make your text larger
- Make the mouse pointer easier to see
- Make your computer speak text aloud
- Make your keyboard easier to use
- Information on alternatives to keyboard and mouse
For further information on things like spell checking, word predicting software, keyboard stickers and voice recognition visit the BBC’s My Web My Way pages.
Other links about accessibility
- RNIB pages on web access
- Microsoft accessibility information
- Information on turning on Google Chrome’s accessibility features
- Information on accessibility features in Firefox
Translating our website
Find out more about how to view our website in different languages.