The council's community hub phone line
Find out about our community hub phone line, where the city's vulnerable can get help.
The number is 01273 293 117 and is reserved for those who are unable to use our online forms to get help for yourself or someone else.
We can help with:
- shopping and collecting prescriptions
- advice about financial support
- support for keeping active and well
DeafCOG can support Deaf people who need BSL or want support with communication. They have volunteers who can support Deaf people who don’t have people local to you that can sign or you are feeling lonely, worried or need someone to talk to.
- go to the DeafCOG website
- send a text to 07703 378 098
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need help from the council about things like benefits, housing or rubbish collections:
- Register with the Signlive Community Directory.
Find information about COVID-19 vaccinations:
- COVID-19 vaccination: British Sign Language resources - GOV.UK
if you need BSL information about vaccinations, see these videos on the government website