Parks & countryside home page
navigation and tools
in 'Parks & Open Spaces'
You are here: Home | Enjoy | Parks & Open Spaces | Parks & countryside home page
Parks and Countryside
We want to have green spaces that are used and valued by the whole community. Along with Natural England we aim at everyone having an accessible natural greenspace less than 300 metres from their home.
We have six Green Flag parks in the city, which have been recognised for their environmental standards and the service they provide for their communities.
|Walks and Trail Guides
Find our guides to all the walks and trails in the West, East and North of the city
|Local Nature Reserves
Get information on the Local Nature Reserves in the city such as Waterhall and Wild Park
|Dedicate a Bench
Find out how to dedicate a bench at one of the parks and gardens in the city and apply for it online
|Parks access for all
Find out what facilities we have for disabled people in the parks including access around the park, toilets and parking
Find out what the Park Rangers are doing at your local park and volunteer online to help
|Volunteering in Parks
Find out what you can do with our Rangers and Parks team across the city.
Find out where the sheep are currently grazing and apply online to be a “lookerer”
|South Downs National Park
Find out more about the South Downs National Park Authority’s responsibilities
Find your nearest park facilities and services.
Add us on Facebook - get our latest news and join in discussions
Follow us on Twitter - ask us any questions and get mini updates
- Ask Stanmer Nursery - for any hints and tips for your garden
- Parks Survey - Brilliant or boring? Give us feedback on your local park.
- City Wildlife - find out more about the wildlife in Brighton.
- Starling spectacular - every evening at dusk over the piers
- Five Rings Walks Challenge - from now until the Olympic Games in 2012
- Sheep grazing - for more information on where the sheep are grazing now.
- Becoming a "lookerer" - help the shepherds check our sheep
Are you looking for a specific park or green space? check our A-Z guide.