navigation and tools
in 'Your city'
Visitor permits are available for residents of Brighton & Hove who are over the age of 17. They are available to give to people visiting you. When a visitor permit is displayed it entitles that vehicle to park in a permit bay in the zone that it was issued for.
- Can I get visitor permits?
- How do I apply and how do I get more?
- How long do the permits last for?
- How many permits am I allowed, how much do they cost and how can I pay?
- What do I do if I cannot collect the visitor permits myself?
- What do I do if I move address?
- My visitor permits have expired what do I do?
- Can I have more visitor permits when I have used my allocation?
- How do I use the visitor permits?
- What are the terms and conditions of use?
- I have received a Penalty Charge Notice when using a visitor permit, what do I do?
You can purchase visitor permits if you live in a controlled parking zone, you are over the age of 17 and can provide 2 proofs of acceptable address dated within 3 months.
To apply for resident visitor permits please complete the resident visitor application form.
If you are applying for more visitor permits you can now order online.
If you are visiting the parking information centre or applying by post please complete the repeat request for visitor permit application form and return the application to us. To ensure that we only issue visitor permits to residents who live in Brighton & Hove you will need to provide two proofs of address dated within 3 months.
Please send in copies of the documents do not send in originals.
You have a yearly allocation and visitor permits are valid as stated on the permit.
The permit allows parking for one calendar day.
If you have moved address you should let the council know immediately and provide one proof of your new address.
Visitor permits are non-transferable as they are only valid for one vehicle and are issued to a residents of Brighton & Hove.
We do not issue refunds for visitor permit unless you are moving outside of the Controlled Parking Zone. This means you are moving to an area that does not have permit bays.
We are able to swap valid permits for permits that we may have for your zone. This is only possible if we have them available.
The amount of permits you can buy is set depending on which area you live in. We do not issue any more permits unless in extreme circumstances such as a serious illness.
If you think that you should have more permits and there are mitigating circumstances please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should check that you have used the permit in accordance with the conditions of use.
You should decide whether to: