The Level Restoration Project
navigation and tools
in 'Parks & Open Spaces'
You are here: Home | Enjoy | Parks & Open Spaces | The Level Restoration Project
The Level Restoration Project
Welcome to The Level Restoration Project web page.The project's vision is to restore The Level as a high quality, well-used and vibrant city centre park welcoming people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds - while celebrating its cultural heritage and providing activities to meet the needs of today's users.
The Level is now closed while the restoration works are carried out. The park is due to re-open in July this year. We are planning a grand public opening event for the autumn.
- Take a virtual tour of The Level! Watch our YouTube video and enjoy a narrated tour showing key developments at The Level, including the skatepark
- Rose Walk closure: The Rose Walk closed in April, and won't open again until August. We apologise for the inconvenience, but we need to let the contractors carry out the restoration work in this area. The perimeter paths are staying open
- New information posters: These are now all around the park's perimeter. They show key new park features and give details of how to get involved on The Level
- Community rooms: Would your community group or club be interested in using one of the newly-restored pavilions? View the designs here [pdf 736KB] and contact us if you are interested.
Playworker training: Interested in doing a free, certificated "Time to Play" training course and then helping run play sessions at The Level? Contact us
- Communities of The Level Forum: download and read notes from the Communities of The Level Forum meetings
- Escorted tours: We have now finished our series of tours.
Things you can do now
Construction updates: Get information about site closure dates, construction progress and details of alternative green spaces
Read our latest project newsletter.
Communities of The Level Forum: Next meeting is 11 June. If you're interested in your community or residents' group joining the Forum (currently helping plan The Level opening event for the autumn), contact us.
Dates for your Diary: We are putting together a page giving details of events relating to The Level. In the meantime, have a look at our City Parks events page
(Coming soon ...) - Sponsorship and Donations: Get details of sponsorship and donation opportunities on The Level, including information about the Dedicate a Bench Scheme
Contact Us: Sign up for volunteer activities, book for events or just get in touch to find out more about the project
Find out about the restoration plans
The Restoration Works: Details and drawings showing the capital works we're undertaking
New wheeled-sports facility: Details of the project to replace the old skatepark
New playground: See the design for the new playground
Art in the Park: Find out more about the 2D art installation planned for the centre of The Level's north lawns paths
What's happened so far: A review of how the restoration project has developed since starting in 2009
Project updates: View and download copies of current and past newsletters and Communities of The Level Forum minutes
History of The Level: Have a look at the historic timeline for The Level and find out about MacLaren's 1929 design for the park
Consultation and engagement activities: Find out about the activities we undertook along the way to get people's views
How the project is funded: Find out more about how the restoration work is funded
|More information||Contact us|
Follow us on Twitter #onthelevel
|Sports booking main page|