navigation and tools
You are here: Home | Life | Community & voluntary sector | Grants
Grants to community and voluntary organisations
On Thursday 19 January 2012 the council's cabinet agreed
- annual grants programme for 2012-13
- three year strategic grants programme for 2013 to 2016
- annual grants programmes for each of the three financial years 2013 to 2016
Details of our current discretionary grants schemes, guidance notes and application forms are available to download below.
- Three Year Strategic Grants - for organisations with an annual income in excess of £35,000
- annual grants - for community and voluntary organisations with an annual income of £35,000 or less
- specialist grants - including Pride Day Grants, Arts Partnership Awards, Environmental Sustainability, Community Festival Grants
- Hedgcock Bequest - grants for smaller community and voluntary organisations working for the wider benefit of residents of Brighton & Hove
Application forms are available in large print. One to one support is offered to complete forms. If you need to submit your application in a different way (eg using a tape recording or other multimedia format) or need translation/interpretation services, please contact the Communities Team on (01273) 291112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow this link for details of external funding schemes available from grant giving organisations such as the National Lottery, national or local trusts and central government.
- Websites with the latest funding information and neighbouring local authority contacts
- GRANTfinder searches
Please follow the links below to resources which will help you when making grant applications to Brighton & Hove City Council:
- "An Introduction to health and safety" [PDF 251kb] by the Health and Safety Executive
- Equality Act 2010 Guide for Community and Voluntary Sector Service Providers [PDF 628 kb]
- "Explaining the Difference Your Project Makes" [PDF 338kb] outcomes advice from the Big Lottery
- Fundraising advice from the Resource Centre
- Risk Management Framework [PDF 138kb] for community and voluntary sector organisations