Business rates - Contact us
navigation and tools
in 'Your council'
in 'Business rates'
You are here: Home | Your council | Business rates | Business rates - Contact us
Contacting the Business rates team
Enquiries regarding business rates can be made by any of the following methods:
- in person: Brighton Customer Service Centre, Bartholomew House (opposite Brighton Town Hall), Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JE (map). Open Monday to Friday 8.45am - 4.30pm (except public holidays). Please note: you cannot make payments in person at Bartholomew House.
- by phone: (01273) 291981
Between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays)
- by post: Business Rates, Brighton & Hove City Council, PO Box 2929, Brighton, BN1 1PS
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We aim to reply in five working days
- by fax: (01273) 291881
- by minicom: (01273) 290111
Between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays)
You may need to contact us for any number of reasons eg you are moving, you want further information on discounts and exemptions, have a query regarding how your bill has been calculated or you want to make a payment arrangement.
Notifying us you are moving
- I am a business rates payer who is moving in to the Brighton & Hove area
- I am a business rates payer who is vacating a premises in the Brighton & Hove area
- I am a business rates payer who is moving within the Brighton & Hove area
Have you a complaint?Comments & complaints
We want to know what you think about the service you receive so that we can build on our successes and make improvements where they are most needed.
Your comments and complaints will be treated in the strictest confidence. If you do make a complaint your right to receive a good quality service will not be affected.
You can get a complaint form from any of our offices or fill in our online complaint form. We will acknowledge receipt of your comment or complaint within two working days and will aim to phone or write to you with a full reply within ten working days. This is stage one of the council's complaints procedure.
Please visit the Council's complaints procedure page to find out more.
If you need further advice about how to complain or who to complain to, please look at the pages listed in the right hand menu. Alternatively, you can phone the council's Complaints Advice Line on Freephone 0500 291229.