navigation and tools
in 'Your city'
You are here: Home | Your city | Sustainability | Saving water
Why save water?
Brighton & Hove’s water comes only from underground sources and so we are vulnerable to short, severe droughts. Climate change will mean that we are likely to see longer periods without rain and water shortage in the future.
Water meters encourage us to use less water. They are installed in 41 per cent of households in the city. Southern Water aims to install a water meter in every household by 2015.
Top water saving tips
Use water wisely and you can save water, energy, and money – and cut your carbon footprint too. See these top water saving tips from the Consumer Council for Water.
- Southern Water provides water saving advice for your home, garden or business.
- The Environment Agency is the regulator for water issues.
- Betre provides free advice to East Sussex small and medium sized businesses on cutting utility costs and environmental impact.
- WRAP provide business advice on reducing water use and improving resource efficiency.
- The Water Guide has information on all UK water companies: who they are, how to contact them and what services they offer