Disability & employment
navigation and tools
The Supported Employment Team (SET)
The Supported Employment Team is part of the council’s Adult Social Care Services. The team provides coaching and advice to people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to help them find and maintain work.
By providing the right support we can help people to develop job skills, gain paid or voluntary employment and overcome some of the difficulties that can be experienced in the workplace.
Employment Officers provide advice and support to help clients reach their full potential by:
- talking about realistic work options
- supporting clients to access work related training courses
- arranging and supporting work experience placements
- creating a winning CV
- helping clients complete application forms
- practicing interview skills
- supporting clients at job interviews
Once a client starts work we can help both the client and the employer with:
- starting a job and learning the role
- information on reasonable adjustments
- job coaching
- support with improving work skills
How to get help from the Supported Employment Team
People who are receiving social care services funded by Brighton & Hove City Council can be referred directly to the Supported Employment Team by completing and sending in a referral form or having someone complete and send the referral form for them. A link to download a referral form is at the bottom of this web page under 'downloads'.
People who are not already in receipt of adult social care services from the council need to contact our Access Point who will assess eligibility for support from the team.
General information about other adult social care services is also available from Access Point.
DownloadsSupported_Employment_Flyer 2.19 MB.pdf
Supported Employment Team
86 Denmark Villas
Telephone (01273) 295961