Contacting us & opening times
navigation and tools
You are here: Home | Life | Bereavement | Contacting us & opening times
Contacting Bereavement Services
Woodvale Lodge Offices
Call in or write to:
The Woodvale Lodge
Phone: (01273) 604020
Minicom: (01273) 292220
Fax: (01273) 292320
Telephone lines are open Monday to Friday 9am - 4.30pm
An automated phone message enables the caller to quickly reach the person with whom they wish to speak with.
It is advisable to make a prior appointment if you are visiting the administrative offices.
Woodvale Lodge Office
Monday to Friday 9am - 4.30pm
Closed Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
The Woodvale Lodge Office is a short distance up the driveway from the main entrance on Lewes Road
Cemeteries and Crematorium GroundsOpen to the public every day of the year
Winter months (October - March):
Monday to Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sunday and public holidays 11am - 4pm
Summer months (April - September):
Monday to Saturday 9am - 5.30pm
Sunday and public holidays 11am - 5.30pm
Chapels and Hall of Memory at Woodvale
Open to visitors the same hours as the crematorium grounds and closed 30 minutes before the gates are locked.
How to find us
- the nearest access roads to Woodvale are the A23, A27 and A259
- the main entrance to Woodvale is located on the A270
- If using a Satellite Navigation System, our post code is BN2 3QB
- the most convenient railway station is Brighton Station
- there is a bus service from Brighton Station (numbersed 37 and 37B), Old Steine (numbered 78) and Churchill Square (numbered 24, 29, 29A and 49B) to the main crematorium entrance in Lewes Road .
- there is no bus service to the alternative entrance to Woodvale in Bear Road but the bus numbered 37B travels to the nearby Bevendean Road
- taxis are available to the crematorium and a free-phone taxi service is provided in the Public Waiting Room, if required
- location maps are available on request, or
- Download a location map of the council's crematorium and cemeteries [pdf150kb]
Please note that the Downs Crematorium and the Brighton & Preston Cemetery are owned and managed by Dignity Funerals Ltd, a Private Company, and have no connection with Brighton & Hove City Council.