navigation and tools
telephone: (01273) 292222
Hove Town Hall
frequently asked questions
When do I need planning permission?
How do I make a planning application?
- Householder Planning Application Form - only to be used for applications for extensions and alterations to private houses and flats
- Application Form for Planning Permission - required if you wish to carry out detailed building works or if you wish to change the use of land or buildings (used for all applications other than householder)
- Application Form for Listed Building or Conservation Area consent - required in addition to one of the above forms if the building is listed or in a conservation area
Who will deal with my planning application?
- East: East Brighton, Hanover & Elm Grove, Hollingdean & Stanmer, Moulsecoomb & Bevendean, Queen's Park, Patcham, Preston Park, Rottingdean Coastal, St Peters & North Laine and Woodingdean.
- West: Brunswick & Adelaide, Central Hove, Goldsmid, Hangleton & Knoll, North Portslade, South Portslade, Regency, Stanford, Westbourne, Wish and Withdean
How do I get to speak at a meeting of the Planning Committee?
Brighton & Hove City Council has introduced limited public speaking at all Planning Committees.
Applicants and members of the public who wish to support or object to proposals may be able to address the Committee (usually for three minutes) before Councillors decide the application.
However, only a minority of applications need to go to Committee for consideration - for details of which applications are being considered go to our applications to be discussed at Committee page, 10 days before the date of the meeting.
View the council's Scheme of Delegation [Word 49kb] to officers on planning matters.
View the council's protocol on speaking at Planning Committee.
Anyone wishing to speak at the meetings should contact Democratic Services. You will need to give written notice at least four days in advance of the meeting to:
Services for Councillors Section
Hove, BN3 2LS.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (01273) 291065.