navigation and tools
telephone: (01273) 291924 / Minicom (01273) 291907
fax: (01273) 291928
frequently asked questions
Am I eligible for a bus pass?
You qualify for a bus pass if you are a permanent resident of Brighton & Hove and you are:
- aged 60 on or before 5 April 2010
- of 'pensionable age' from 6 April 2010 onwards - information on eligibility for bus passes
- aged five years or over, and are disabled
- age 18 or over, and not permitted to drive (or likely to be refused a driving licence) because of a medical condition
Am I eligible for the taxi voucher scheme?
To apply for the taxi voucher scheme, you must be:
- a permanent resident of Brighton & Hove
- aged 18 or over
- unable to use a bus - you will need to provide a letter from your doctor stating this or provide proof that you get the higher rate of the mobility component of disability living allowance
- be prepared to forgo having a national bus pass - you are not entitled to both a bus pass and taxi vouchers
If you are eligible, you will receive a limited number of taxi vouchers to use over the period of one year. If you would like further details about the taxi vouchers scheme, please call (01273) 291924.