Autistic spectrum condition support service
navigation and tools
You are here: Home | Learn | Special educational needs | Autistic spectrum condition support service
Autistic Spectrum Condition Support Service
Choose from the links below to find out more about the Service.
Please note that the ASCSS is a schools-based service, and operates during school term times only
- general information
- parent support group
- parent partnerships with schools
- how to contact us
The pictures used on the ASCSS pages were created by pupils at Downs Park School, with thanks to both children and staff.
0.6fte or 0.7fte Temporary post: ASC Advisory Teacher with the ASC Support Service
Teacher Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale + 1 SEN
Downs Park School would like to appoint a teacher on a temporary contract in the first instance, to work with the ASC Support Service:
- to undertake mainstream school advisory work re learners with ASC
- to contribute to training in ASC: both in schools and as part of central training
The post calls for:
- up-to-date knowledge of current thinking re the autism spectrum including Asperger Syndrome
- current proven experience of, and commitment to, facilitating the inclusion of learners with ASC in mainstream schools
- ability to deliver and lead training in aspects of ASC to teaching and support staff
- ability to work on own initiative: to make assessments of practice, and generate recommendations re strategies and approaches for the individual learner/class
- up-to-date knowledge of developments in SEN nationally and locally
- excellent inter-personal skills to relate to and work with colleagues, mainstream school staff and families of pupils with ASC; patience and diplomacy – and a sense of humour
- the ability both to take initiative and to follow direction
- competent ICT skills to maintain data and produce documents and resources
- essential car user (travel allowance provided)
The post is temporary for two terms, until the end of March 2014, in the first instance.
Start date: 1st September 2013
Please contact Jill Goldsmith, Bursar: firstname.lastname@example.org or (01273) 417448 for the job description, person specification and application form.
Closing date: Friday May 17th at 12pm
Interviews to be held week commencing May 20th 2013