navigation and tools
in 'Your city'
You are here: Home | Your city | Travel, transport & road safety | Buses
Bus services & timetables
Bus travel in Brighton & Hove is easy and convenient - most buses are the latest models with clean, comfortable interiors as well as easy access and priority seating for older people, disabled people and those with buggies or carrying children. Buses run every few minutes on main routes and there are plenty of city centre bus stops (five colour-coded metro lines run through central Brighton & Hove).
- For people who find it difficult to use buses or get to bus stops Easylink is a door to door transport service.
- Flat Single Rate Fare £2.30 (£2.00 within the city centre)
- One day's unlimited travel from £3.50 with an m-ticket on your mobile from www.buses.co.uk/app or £4.60 from the bus driver
- There are large discounts for children and teenagers
- Senior citizens can travel free off-peak
- Tourist fare £1.60 (between Brighton Station and Churchill Square, Brighton Pier or the Royal Pavilion)
- Short hop fares £1.60 (Popular journeys include Hove Station to Hove Town Hall, Downs Park to Portslade and Fiveways to London Road)
Find out if you could you receive free travel on any local bus service in England with a National Free Travel Bus Pass.
For general advice on your bus/rail travel options, contact the Public Transport Team on (01273) 292480.