Special educational needs
navigation and tools
Special Educational Needs
Getting support at school
This section is all about getting extra support for children who are experiencing difficulties at school. If your child has special or additional educational needs, make a time to talk to their class teacher or head teacher.
- hospital tuition service - if your child is in hospital.
- If your child is unwell at home for more than 6 weeks or in the late stages of pregnancy they may be eligible for home tuition.
- Amaze offers information advice and support to parents of children and young people with special needs.
- The Literary Support Service provides help for pupils with severe specific learning difficulties or dyslexia.
- The Autistic Spectrum Disorder Support Service support pupils with a diagnosis of ASD or Aspergers Syndrome in mainstream schools. Their parents support groups are open to all parents of children in mainstream or special schools.
If you need more information about supporting your child's education, please email the special educational needs team or phone them on (01273) 293552.