navigation and tools
It's free to become a member of Brighton & Hove libraries and open to everyone. There are 14 libraries in Brighton & Hove and a Mobile Library.
Use the list below to find out more about Brighton & Hove libraries:
- find your nearest library in Brighton & Hove
- find library opening times
- search, reserve and renew books using the online library catalogue
- find out about free computer access at your local library
- discover our children and young people's services
- browse the online resources in our eLibrary
- join the library
Or visit the main Brighton & Hove library website
- Free WiFi is now available at Jubilee Library
- Information on the proposed Woodingdean Library and Medical Centre.
- The Mobile Library will close and there will be an expanded home delivery service
- New online business resource: MintUK.
- Mile Oak Library is temporarily located at Portslade Sports Centre.
- Updated information on easy ways to pay overdue charges
- Jubilee Library closure days
EventsFind out about events in all Brighton & Hove Libraries.
Special collectionsThe library's special collections offer you the opportunity to explore rare books and historical collections on a wide range of subjects. If you would like to access items in the special collections, you can join the rare books membership scheme.
If you require any further information, or if you have an enquiry that you would like answered, please contact us.
If you’ve been thinking you ought to get online but don’t know where to start, your library can help you! Find out about free one to one computer sessions in your local library.
Reading and writing groups are held at many libraries throughout Brighton & Hove.
For more information on joining or setting up a reading group, please see our Reading and writing group pages on the library website.