Shoreham Harbour Regeneration
Shoreham Harbour Regeneration is a partnership of Brighton & Hove City Council, Adur & Worthing Council, West Sussex County Council and Shoreham Port Authority. The partnership is working on a joint project and preparing a Joint Area Action Plan (JAAP) to facilitate the regeneration of Shoreham Harbour and surrounding areas.
Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (JAAP)
The Shoreham Harbour JAAP is becoming a key planning document and will form part of the development plan for Brighton & Hove and Adur. It provides the framework and guidelines for developers and clarifies the land to be regenerated, as well as what kind of development is acceptable in the area.
Proposed Submission Shoreham Harbour JAAP - Publication Stage
Brighton & Hove City Council, Adur District Council and West Sussex County Council have prepared for publication the Proposed Submission Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (JAAP) - in accordance with Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012. The publication consultation period will run for six weeks from 10 November 2017 to 22 December 2017 (12 midnight). The Councils are inviting representations on the legal compliance and/or soundness of the plan. To view the Proposed Submission JAAP, its Sustainability Appraisal, updated Policies Maps, information on where hard copies can be viewed (Deposit Points), information on how to make representations and the consultation Statement and other relevant information please click on the respective links below:
- Proposed Submission Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (Nov, 2017) [3.67MB, PDF]
- Sustainability Appraisal of the Proposed Submission Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (Nov, 2017) [2.36MB, PDF]
- Non-Technical Summary of the Sustainability Appraisal of the Proposed Submission Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (Nov, 2017)[843KB, PDF]
- Policies Maps - updated to reflect the proposals in the Shoreham Harbour JAAP (Nov 2017) [67KB, PDF]
- Consultation Statement for the Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (Nov, 2017) [823KB, PDF]
- Notice of Publication and Statement of Representation Procedures (includes Deposit Points) [329KB, PDF]
- Statement of Compliance with Duty to Cooperate [1.2MB, PDF]
- Background Documents / Supporting Evidence [132KB, PDF]
Representations should be provided in writing by completing the response form and should only be made in relation to the legal compliance and/or soundness of the plan. (These terms are explained in the guidance note. Please read the note before submitting your representation) :
Submit your response form using the following methods:
Post: Shoreham Harbour Regeneration, c/o Adur District Council, Town Hall, Chapel Road, Worthing BN11 1BR.
Representations on the Proposed Submission Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan must be submitted between 12 noon on 10 November 2017 and 12 midnight on 22 December 2017. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
Sending your representation electronically will help us to save paper and time.
Your response must contain your name and address. Anonymous comments will not be accepted. Please note that comments cannot be treated as confidential. Copies of all comments will be made available for the public to view (including respondent’s name) but will not include any personal contact details or signatures. All representations received within the statutory consultation period will be submitted to the Secretary of State and considered as part of a public examination by an independent Planning Inspector.
Please email the consultation address provided above if any of the links fail to work. The Proposed Submission Shoreham Harbour JAAP documentation is also available on Adur and Worthing Councils' website: Shoreham Harbour Regeneration (Adur DC)
A key part of developing the JAAP is consultation with local people and businesses. If you would like to be added to the consultation database and receive regular updates and newsletters please email your name and contact details to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens next?
All representations received within the statutory consultation period will be submitted to the Secretary of State and considered as part of a public examination by an independent Planning Inspector (Spring/Summer 2018). It is anticipated the Plan will be formally adopted early 2019. Once adopted the JAAP will sit alongside the Brighton & Hove City Plan and the Adur Local Plan.
Earlier Versions of the JAAP
Shoreham Harbour JAAP - Revised Draft (2016)
Between 16 December 2016 and 10 February 2017 the Shoreham Harbour Regeneration Partnership carried out an eight week public consultation on the revised draft JAAP and its Sustainability Appraisal. To view these documents and the representations received please click on the links below:
- Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan - Revised Draft for Consultation (2016) [10MB, PDF]
- Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan - Sustainability Appraisal : Non Technical Summary 2016 [595KB, PDF]
- Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan - Sustainability Appraisal 2016 [2MB, PDF]
- Shoreham Harbour Regeneration Consultation on the revised draft Joint Area Action Plan: 2016-2017 Representations [13.1MB, PDF]
Links to further supporting information and documents:
- Shoreham Harbour JAAP revised draft - summary consultation leaflet [1.12MB, PDF]
- Shoreham Harbour JAAP revised draft - Individual Sections: 1 Introduction [1.3MB, PDF] ; 2 Spatial Strategy [2.2MB, PDF] ; 3 Area wide policies [1.2MB, PDF] ; 4 Character area proposals [6MB, PDF] ; 5 Delivery and implementation [839KB, PDF]
- Shoreham Harbour JAAP revised draft - Interactive map
- Proposals for each of the seven character areas - Character Areas Map [817KB, PDF] ; CA1 South Quayside [936KB, PDF] ; CA2 Aldrington Basin [481KB, PDF] ; CA3 North Quayside and South Portslade [846KB, PDF] ; CA4 Portslade and Southwick Beaches [1MB, PDF] ; CA5 Fishersgate and Southwick [1.2MB, PDF] ; CA6 Harbour Mouth [1MB, PDF] ; CA7 Western Harbour Arm [1.1MB, PDF]
- Shoreham Harbour JAAP Consultation Statement December 2016 [312KB, PDF]
- Background Documents / Supporting Evidence [132KB, PDF]
Shoreham Harbour JAAP - Draft (2014)
The regeneration partnership consulted on a draft JAAP in 2014. A number of changes were made to the plan in response to representations and to reflect the updates in supporting evidence and national policy. Please click on the following links respectively to view a copy of the JAAP- draft 2014, the representations received in 2014 and for further information on the key amendments undertaken since the 2014 draft included in the 2016 revised draft version of the JAAP:
- Shoreham Harbour JAAP - draft 2014 [9.4MB, PDF]
- Shoreham Harbour JAAP - draft 2014 : Representations [1MB, PDF]
- Summary of main issues and changes in relation to the area in Brighton & Hove [16KB, PDF]
- Summary of all amendments [267KB, PDF]
Questions, updates and further background information
For further background information please click on the link below:
If you have any questions or would like to receive regular updates and newsletters please email us at email@example.com or to speak to a member of the Shoreham Harbour Regeneration team telephone 01273 263000.