Outline planning permission with some or all matters reserved local requirements
Please see the required standards for on-line submissions which includes the required files sizes and format to submit documents and drawings electronically.
For further information about Validation Requirements please visit the Department for Communities and Local Government website http://www.communities.gov.uk/corporate/ and refer to the ‘Guidance on Information Requirements and Validation’ document.
Summary of National and Local Requirements
1 copy of all drawings and supporting documents is required for applications that are not submitted online
- completed form with signed and dated
- relevant ownership certificate
- relevant agricultural holdings certificate
- site location plan
- block plan
- other plans and drawings necessary to describe the application
- design and access statement, if required
- fee calculator
- north point - required for the site location plan and block plan.
- paper size and an appropriate scale bar indicating a minimum of 0-10 metres, or an appropriate scale bar for plans and drawings at 1:1, 1:10 and 1:20 required for all plans and drawings.
- block plan (at a scale 1:500) showing all adjoining properties and any proposed extensions and new build hatched
- floor plans (existing and proposed at a scale of 1:100)
- complete elevations (existing and proposed at a scale of 1:100) of the ground level and overall height and elevation details of all adjoining/adjacent properties are required for new build developments
- extended contextual elevations (at a scale 1:100 or 1:200) are required for all new build developments, based on Ordinance Survey datum
- photographs showing the adjoining/adjacent properties are required for substantial extensions eg: 2 storey extensions or extensive roof alterations
- Design and access statement
- waste minimisation statement - only required for the following developments:
- 1-2 housing units (new build)
- 5-10 housing units (conversion)
- 80-200sq m non-residential floorspace (new build)
- For an explanatory note on how to write a statement please see SPD_on_Construction_and_Demolition_Waste_[PDF_1.2m...
- biodiversity checklist - a first impression checklist is required for all Outline Planning applications (this may trigger a further survey) - Biodiversity Checklist [50 KB].doc
- sustainability statement/checklist a completed sustainability checklist will be required for ALL residential applications involving new build and conversions. For non-electronic applications three (3) hard copies of the checklist will be required. For guidance on how to complete and submit a checklist please visit sustainability checklist. See also SPD08 – Sustainable Building Design, Chapter 2 - SU2 [PDF 1.4mb]
From 1 April 2011 a new version of the Brighton & Hove Sustainablity Checklist checklist will replace the existing one. From 1 April 2011, all applications that require a sustainability checklist MUST use this new version. More information and a link to the new checklist will be available from 1 April 2011 from the Brighton & Hove Sustainability Checklist web page.
Free training sessions on the new checklist are scheduled on Wednesday 16 (8.30-10am) and 23 (4.30-6pm) March 2011. If you want to sign up for the training please email email@example.com stating which of these two sessions is convenient to you. Please note that spaces are limited by room capacity. More sessions may be added should the need arise.
- supporting planning statement required for all major applications and at the applicant's discretion for all other applications
- transport assessment or statement (as required by the council, please seek advice before submitting your application) Chapter 1 - TR1 Development & demand for travel [PDF 882kb]
- tree survey/arboricultural statement for all applications involving building works within 5 metres of a tree Chapter 3 - QD16 Trees and hedgerows[PDF 2.1mb]
- retail assessment where new and additional retail floor space is provided - please see Chapter 6 - SR1 and SR2 [PDF 2mb]
- noise impact assessment as required in line with the guidance set out in PPG24 - Noise
- land contamination report required for contaminated sites and sites used for industrial purposes PPS23 Pollution Control (see page 12)
- flood risk assessment for applications within the Environment Agency Flood Risk Zone.
- photographs and photo montages - at the applicant's discretion
If you are applying for more than one type of application eg: Householder and Listed Building Consent please see the separate local requirements and supply the relevant information for each application type.