Listed building consent local requirements
Please see the required standards for on-line submissions which includes the required files sizes and format to submit documents and drawings electronically.
For further information about Validation Requirements please visit the Department for Communities and Local Government website http://www.communities.gov.uk/corporate/ and refer to the ‘Guidance on Information Requirements and Validation’ document.
Summary of National and Local Requirements
1 copy of all drawings and supporting documents is required for applications that are not submitted online
- completed form
- site location plan
- block plan
- other plans and drawings necessary to describe the application
- ownership certificate
- Design and Access Statement
- north point - required for the site location plan and block plan.
- paper size and an appropriate scale bar indicating a minimum of 0-10 metres, or an appropriate scale bar for plans and drawings at 1:1, 1:10 and 1:20 required for all plans and drawings.
- block plan (at a scale 1:500) showing all adjoining properties and any proposed extensions and new build hatched
- existing and proposed floor plans (at a scale 1:50) indicating where sections are taken from when required
- existing and proposed elevations (at a scale 1:50)
- existing and proposed building sections (at a scale 1:50)
- architectural details (at a scale not less than 1:20) to show all new doors, windows, shop-fronts, pilasters, cornices, railings and other decorative details.
- joinery and moulding details (at a scale 1:1) for all new external and internal features (where these are not provided they may be requested at a later stage or by condition)
- design and access statement
- Structural_Survey_[23kb].pdf as required by the council, please seek advice from the Design and Conservation Team before submitting an application
- supporting planning statement at the applicant's discretion
- photographs and photo montages - at the applicant's discretion
If you are applying for more than one type of application eg: Householder and Listed Building Consent please see the separate local requirements and supply the relevant information for each application type.