How to contact the planning team
We are currently experiencing a high level of demand for our planning service. Further staff movement means that additional recruitment has been undertaken. New staff have been recruited but it will take some time until the service is able to operate at full capacity. In the meantime, in order to focus on the work that needs to be done we have made some temporary adjustments. This means we can concentrate on our customers who have submitted planning applications.
- Our telephone duty lines are open from 9.30am to 12.30pm Monday to Friday
- Case officers are available by telephone as normal after 2pm on a daily basis to discuss live cases only; currently they are unable to offer pre-application advice.
- Case officers are not able to enter into lengthy correspondence about applications with applicants/agents.
- The 20 minute verbal appointment service at Hove Town Hall is not available.
- We are continuing to offer a full pre-application advice service on major schemes (above 10 houses and greater than 1,000 sq m floorspace).
We apologise for the inconvenience these service changes may cause for you. Our planning officers are working hard to ensure all applications are determined as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Tel 01273 292222