Public transport news
- Bus diversions during Brighton Station Roadworks
- Low emission zone for buses
- Frequency doubled on the Brighton to Horsham bus service!
- Changes to Bus Services from 14 September 2014
- The New Discovery Ticket
- 'Breeze up to the Downs'
- Disruption to Bus and Rail Services
Previous news and updates
- Bus Services in Queens Park
- Spring/Summer Bus Service Changes
- Summer Evening Bus Walks
- Sunday Bus Service to Ditchling Village and Crawley
- Brand new expanded travel shop of 1 Stop Travel opening on 11 December 2012
- New PLUSBUS gives massive savings on combined rail & bus travel!
Bus diversions during Brighton Station Roadworks
From 27 January (until further notice):
- Service 6 will use Brighton Station stop A (instead of stop C).
- Services 37 and 37B from Bristol Estate towards Brighton Station and Meadowview will be on diversion between the Clock Tower and Brighton Station. This is because there will be no left turn from the bottom of Upper Gloucester Road. Unfortunately this means it will not be possible for the 37 and 37B to stop at Imperial Arcade, Buckingham Road and Upper Gloucester Road.The nearest alternative stops are Clock Tower stop L in Queens Road or North Road or Brighton Station stop D (both of which are also in Queens Road).Towards Bristol Estate the 37 and 37B will use Brighton Station stop D in Queens Road (instead of stop A).
- Service 47 from East Saltdean will terminate at the North Road bus stop, which is in Queens Road near the junction with Upper Gloucester Road. Buses towards East Saltdean will start from stop D in Queens Road as usual.
Frequency doubled on the Brighton to Horsham bus service!
The Stagecoach number 17 buses are now running every 30 minutes, Monday to Saturday. This useful and scenic route also serves Henfield, Partridge Green and Cowfold. At Horsham Bus Station you can connect with regular bus services to many other towns, including Dorking, Cranleigh and Guildford. Buy a Discovery Ticket on the first bus you catch and you can enjoy a day’s unlimited bus travel throughout Sussex, Surrey and East Hampshire – using any bus company’s services. Discovery Tickets cost £8.50 adult, child £7 - or £16 for a family.
Changes to Bus Services from 14 September 2014
From 14 September 2014, there will be some changes to a number of bus services in the city.
- Changes to some Brighton & Hove bus services [PDF 86KB]
- Changes to some council funded bus services and services operated by Metrobus and theSussexBus.com [PDF 133KB]
The New Discovery Ticket
The new Discovery ticket gives you the freedom to explore everything the region has to offer by bus, with unlimited travel across the South Downs National Park – and far beyond!From rambling and sports events to browsing local markets or enjoying picnics with amazing views, there are plenty of great days out in the region. And what better way to get there than by bus?
The new ticket can be bought on any local bus and will be accepted by bus companies for travel throughout East and West Sussex, Surrey and East Hampshire - simply hop on and hop off as you please!
The price of the Family version of the Discovery ticket is £16. Individual tickets are £8.50 per adult and £7 per child. To find out more visit www.discoveryticket.co.uk
Disruption to Bus and Rail Services
In the event of bad weather or other problems, you can check how buses and trains are running at www.buses.co.uk or www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk or www.nationalrail.co.uk Alternatively, you can phone traveline on 0871 200 22 33 or Brighton & Hove Buses on 01273 886200 or National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950.
Previous news and updates
Following feedback from passengers in Queens Park, Brighton & Hove Buses are considering further changes to services 18, 20, 21. View details of the proposal.
Changes to bus services are planned for April. As well as commercial bus routes, there are details of changes to some council-funded services and information on new or amended services run by Community Transport, Compass Travel and theSussexBus.com
Full timetables for all services will be published in the Summer edition of Bus Times, which will be widely available from early April. Full timetables will also be found at www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk or on bus operators’ websites. If you have any questions, or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact the council’s public transport team.
Summer Evening Bus Walks
Make the most of summer evenings with a guided walk around the beautiful countryside surrounding Brighton and Hove. Buy a Saver ticket. Meet a Park Ranger at Churchill Square at 6pm. Take a short bus ride, then enjoy a 3-4 mile walk, returning by bus to Churchill square for around 9pm. View the Summer Evening Bus Walks timetable (136 KB).
Sunday Bus Service to Ditchling Village, Cuckfield, Staplefield and Crawley
Metrobus service 271 now offers a new link between the city and Ditchling Village. Running every two hours on Sundays and Bank Holidays, the 271 also serves Clayton, Burgess Hill, Cuckfield, Staplefield and Crawley. For full details please visit the Metrobus website
New PLUSBUS gives massive savings on combined rail & bus travel!
If you’re travelling to Brighton & Hove by train, you can throw in the freedom of the city’s bus network for an amazingly low price. Adding the local buses to your train ticket is around 50% cheaper than buying bus travel separately! Prices vary from £3.30 for a day’s bus travel to £290 for a whole year of unlimited city bus journeys. For more information, go to
When travelling to other towns and cities by train. you can also add their local bus networks to your train ticket too! For further details, go to www.plusbus.info
Bus Users UK
Bus Users UK has been representing bus passengers' interests since 1985. The new Bus Users website will tell you more about Bus Users UK, how to contact the local "Brighton Area Buswatch" group - and membership.
Bus Times in large print
We can provide large print versions of "Brighton & Hove Bus Times" for visually impaired people. If you would like a copy please contact the Public Transport Team on 01273 292480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please select from the list below to find out more about....