Park & Ride
If you're driving from further afield and want to enjoy your trip into Brighton & Hove without joining a queue of traffic or struggling to park, use our park and ride site at the Withdean Sports Complex, postcode BN1 5JD. Please note: There is no charge for parking and the Park & Ride site is not available for overnight parking. There is a height barrier of 2.0 metres at the Park & Ride car park.
Bus departure times and route
Bus service 27 starts from Tongdean Lane adjacent to the Withdean Sports Complex Car Park entrance.It runs every 15 minutes (Monday to Saturday daytimes) every 30 minutes during the late evenings and every 20 minutes on Sundays and bank holidays.
- Timetable & route
- It goes to the city centre and stops at:
- Clock Tower in Queen's Road for Churchill Square
- North Street stop C for The Lanes, North Laine and Old Steine
- Brighton Station
- Sea Life Centre and all points along Marine Parade
- The return fare on the bus is £4.70. This is a "City Saver" ticket which is also valid on other Brighton & Hove bus routes for a day's unlimited travel.
- Children 0-4 go free.
- For children accompanied by an adult there's a 70p special return fare.
- There is also a £9 family ticket available on your smartphone for up to 2 adults and 3 children. Download the app from www.buses.co.uk/app
- The England National Bus Pass is also valid.
Commuting by Park & Ride
The cost of commuting has come down as all ‘Saver’ tickets are valid. This means it’s possible to take advantage of savings from the longer period ‘Saver’ tickets which can be bought from any post office and many newsagents in the Brighton & Hove area - or from Brighton & Hove Buses’ One Stop Travel shops. See www.buses.co.uk for the full range of fares and tickets, including "the key" smartcard and m-tickets.