Park & Ride
If you're driving from outside the city and want to avoid traffic and parking in the city centre, you can park for free at Withdean Sports Complex and get a bus into the city.
Our park and ride site is at the Withdean Sports Complex car park, Tongdean Lane BN1 5JD.
There is no charge for parking. The Park & Ride site is not available for overnight parking.
There is a height barrier of 2 metres at the Park & Ride car park.
Times and route for the 27 bus
Saturday 6 August 2016
Due to the Brighton Pride parade there will be changes to the normal times and route of the 27 bus and other bus routes on 6 August 2016.
You will have to pay for the bus into the city.
Buying tickets in cash from the driver costs:
- £5 for a saver ticket you can use on buses in the city for the whole day
- 80p return for a child accompanied by an adult
- £10 for a family saver, for two adults and up to three children
Check Brighton & Hove buses for fares and different ways to pay, including information on cheaper M-tickets you can buy using a smartphone app.
Route and times
The 27 bus runs on:
- Monday to Saturday every 15 minutes during the day and every 30 minutes after 9pm. The last bus leaves the city centre around 11.40. Check timetable.
- Sundays and bank holidays every 20 minutes. The last bus leaves the city centre around 11.35pm. Check timetable.
The 27 starts from Tongdean Lane next to the Withdean Sports Complex car park entrance and runs into the city centre.
The bus route goes to the city centre, including stops at:
- Brighton Station - for North Laine
- Clock Tower - for Churchill Square (and the Brighton Centre, via West Street)
- North Street - for Royal Pavilion, The Lanes and North Laine
- Sea Life Centre - for Brighton Palace Pier
Public Transport enquiries
Call 01273 292480 if you have any questions about public transport in the city. We will answer during office hours, or you'll be directed to the Brighton & Hove Buses enquiry line.