Older person's bus pass
Starting in April 2018 the Concessionary Travel & Blue Badge Counter service and phone lines will close at 3pm on Wednesdays.
You can still drop off or pick up any application forms via the Customer Service Centre.
Our full opening times can be seen on the parking permit centre webpage
Frequently asked questions
When am I eligible for an older person's bus pass?
You're eligible for an older person's bus pass when you reach the female state pension age, whether you’re a man or a woman. Find out when you're eligible for an older person's bus pass.
Where and when can I use my bus pass?
|Location||Weekdays||Weekends and Bank Holidays|
|Brighton & Hove||9am to 3.59am||All day|
|England||9.30am to 11pm||All day|
|N1, N2, N5, N12 and N14||Monday to Saturday|
|N7 and N25||Monday to Sunday|
|N29 and N40||Saturday only|
You can’t use your bus pass on scheduled coach services or outside of England.
What should I do if I lose my bus pass?
- Please contact Brighton & Hove Buses to see if your lost pass has been returned to them on 01273 886200
- If it hasn’t been returned or the pass is damaged, you can order a replacement from us for £10 by calling 01273 291924.
What should I do if my bus pass is stolen?
- You can request a replacement bus pass if you have a crime reference number
- You’ll be charged £10 for a replacement bus pass
What should I do if my bus pass is damaged?
- If the pass is damaged you can order a replacement from us by calling 01273 291924.
Conditions of use
- Your bus pass is for your personal use only. It must not be used by any other person
- The pass is void if altered or defaced
- The pass is void after the expiry date
- You must show your pass to the driver when boarding the bus and to any inspectors who may ask to see it
- Spot checks to ensure that the pass is only being used by the pass holder will take place
- You must follow the bus operators conditions of carriage.
Older People's Council
The Older People's Council serve older people in Brighton & Hove. They work to ensure that all older people in the city are treated with respect and dignity and have access to services, support and opportunity to lead a fulfilling life. You can register to receive updates from them on their website.