Bus Services & Timetables
- Get bus service and timetable information
- For people who find it difficult to use buses or get to bus stops Easylink is a door to door transport service.
Bus travel in Brighton & Hove is easy and convenient - most buses are the latest models with clean, comfortable interiors as well as easy access and priority seating for older people, disabled people and those with buggies or carrying children. Buses run every few minutes on main routes and there are plenty of city centre bus stops (five colour-coded metro lines run through central Brighton & Hove).
- Fares on Brighton & Hove Buses
- Flat Single Rate Fare £2.40 (£2.00 within the city centre)
- One day's unlimited travel costs £4.70 (‘citySAVER’ ticket from the bus driver) or £4.10 on ‘the key’ smartcard or £4.10 as an m-ticket on your mobile.
- There are large discounts for children and teenagers and senior citizens can travel free off-peak.
- Tourist fare £1.80 (between Brighton Station and Churchill Square, Brighton Pier or the Royal Pavilion)
- Short hop fares £1.80 (Popular journeys include Hove Station to Hove Town Hall, Downs Park to Portslade and Fiveways to London Road)
- For other bus companies’ fares and tickets please follow the links to their websites, at the bottom of this page.
- Get information about the new Discovery ticket gives you the freedom to explore the region by bus, with unlimited travel across the South Downs National Park.
Find out if you could you receive free travel on any local bus service in England with a National Free Travel Bus Pass.
Low Emission Zone
From 1 January 2015 all bus services with routes entering the Low Emission Zone have to meet new regulations. Bus operators in the city, both large and small, are playing their part in making public transport a cleaner and even more sustainable travel choice.
Breeze up to the Downs
Breeze up to the Downs is a network of three bus services linking the city with some of its most popular countryside destinations, within the South Downs National Park.: Devil's Dyke, Stanmer Park and Ditchling Beacon.
For general advice on your bus/rail travel options, contact the Public Transport Team on 01273 292480.