Breeze up to the Downs!
Breeze up to the Downs is a network of three bus services linking the city with some of its most popular countryside destinations, within the South Downs National Park.
These services are provided by a partnership between Brighton & Hove City Council, The National Trust and the South Downs National Park Authority.
Summer bus times are from 13 April 2014 to 30 September 2014.
The buses run every weekend and bank holiday. From 15 June to 31 August the 77 to Devil's Dyke runs daily and is usually open top!
- Service 77 to Devil's Dyke Leaflet [621 KB]
- Service 78 to Stanmer Park Leaflet [639 KB]
- Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon Leaflet [769 KB]
- View the summer timetables for all three bus routes
The Summer edition leaflet for each route provides times, fares and information about special events and ideas for walks.
To check how the buses are running please go to www.buses.co.uk or phone (01273) 886200.
- Service 77 to Devil’s Dyke: £2.80 single, £5.00 return or £7.00 "Network Saver".
- Service 78 to Stanmer Park: £2.40 single and £4.70 return (a City Saver).
- Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon: £2.80 single, £5.00 return or £7.00 "Network Saver".
- Special return fare of £2.80 on Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon from any bus stop on Ditchling Road.
- Bus Pass holders travel free.
- Up to two children per adult travel free.
- "Network Saver" tickets offer one day's unlimited travel on the 77, 78 and 79 - and on all Brighton & Hove Bus Company services.
Rail special offer
To encourage people from further afield not to drive to the area, we are offering two single or return journeys for the price of one for people arriving by train. Just show your valid rail tickets to the bus driver. Individuals can get a third off the bus fare by showing a valid rail ticket.
Please note: Rail special offer does not apply to bus "Saver" and "Explorer" tickets. Rail tickets must be valid for travel to Brighton or Hove.
South Downs Bus Walks
A series of six leaflets offering 18 easy-to-follow walks on the stunning South Downs around Brighton & Hove can be downloaded. All walks are easily accessible from the city’s frequent main bus network (each walk description details the relevant bus info).
Or please contact us if you would like us to send you a set of these leaflets at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (01273) 292480.
- South Downs National Park Public Transport Guide 2013/14
- To plan any journeys (or check times) visit www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk
- To plan a journey to the South Downs visit www.southdowns.gov.uk/discover