Breeze up to the Downs!
Breeze up to the Downs is a network of three bus services linking the city with some of its most popular countryside destinations, within the South Downs National Park.
These services are provided by a partnership between Brighton & Hove City Council, The National Trust and the South Downs National Park Authority.
To check how the buses are running please go to www.buses.co.uk or phone (01273) 886200.
Winter bus times are from 1 October 2013 to 12 April 2014.
New this year is a Winter Saturday service on the Stanmer Park and Ditching Beacon routes, thanks to a successful bid to the Local Sustainable Transport Fund. This means that for the first time, all three routes will run every Saturday and Sunday, all year round.
All three buses will also run on Boxing Day (26 December) and New Year's Day.
- Service 77 to Devil’s Dyke Leaflet
- Service 78 to Stanmer Park Leaflet
- Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon Leaflet
- View the winter timetables for all three bus routes.
- Service 77 to Devil’s Dyke: £2.80 single, £5.00 return or £7.00 "Explorer".
- Service 78 to Stanmer Park: £2.20 single and £4.60 return (a City Saver).
- Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon: £2.80 single, £5.00 return or £7.00 "Explorer".
- Special return fare of £2.80 on Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon from any bus stop on Ditchling Road.
- Bus Pass holders travel free.
- Up to two children per adult travel free.
- "Explorer" tickets offer one day's unlimited travel on the 77, 78 and 79 - and on all Brighton & Hove Bus Company services plus other companies' bus routes too (except Stagecoach South). There is also a Family Explorer ticket costing £11 giving one day's unlimited bus travel for 2 adults and up to 3 children.
Rail special offer
To encourage people from further afield not to drive to the area, we are offering two single or return journeys for the price of one for people arriving by train. Just show your valid rail tickets to the bus driver. Individuals can get a third off the bus fare by showing a valid rail ticket.
Please note: Rail special offer does not apply to bus "Saver" and "Explorer" tickets. Rail tickets must be valid for travel to Brighton or Hove.
South Downs Bus Walks
A series of six leaflets offering 18 easy-to-follow walks on the stunning South Downs around Brighton & Hove can be downloaded. All walks are easily accessible from the city’s frequent main bus network (each walk description details the relevant bus info).
Or please contact us if you would like us to send you a set of these leaflets at email@example.com or phone (01273) 292480.
- South Downs National Park Public Transport Guide 2013/14
- To plan any journeys (or check times) visit www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk
- To plan a journey to the South Downs visit www.southdowns.gov.uk/discover