Breeze up to the Downs!
Breeze up to the Downs is a network of three bus services linking the city with some of its most popular countryside destinations, within the South Downs National Park.
These services are provided by a partnership between Brighton & Hove City Council, The National Trust, the South Downs National Park Authority and Brighton & Hove Buses. The buses run weekends and bank holidays throughout the year, and the Devil's Dyke route runs daily in High Summer.
Spring / Summer 2016
From 24 April 2016
The buses run every Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday. The 77 to Devil's Dyke will also run seven days a week from 13 June to 9 September. For full details of times and fares for each Breeze bus route, please follow the links above.
- Service 77 to Devil’s Dyke: £3 single, £4.50 return
- Service 78 to Stanmer Park: £2.50 single and £4.50 return
- Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon: £3 single, £4.50 return
- Return tickets can be used to return from Devil's Dyke, Stanmer Park or Ditchling Beacon: so they are ideal for walkers too!
- Special return fare of £3 on Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon from any bus stop on Ditchling Road.
- £2 single or return from Wild Park (Ditchling Road, Hollingbury) to Ditchling Beacon
- £2 single or return from Tongdean Lane (on Dyke Road Avenue) to Devil's Dyke.
- Bus Pass holders travel free.
- Up to two children per adult travel free.
- Discovery Tickets offer one day’s unlimited bus travel in Sussex, Surrey, Kent and East Hampshire. Issued and accepted by all bus companies: just buy on board the first bus you catch! Family (5 people, max 2 adults) £16, Adult £8.50, Child £7.
- NetworkSAVER issued and accepted on all three routes. CitySAVER is not valid for travel to Devil's Dyke or Ditchling Beacon.
Train special offer
To encourage people from further afield not to drive to the area, people arriving by train can buy two single or return journeys for the price of one. If you're travelling on your own you can get a third off the bus fare. Just show your rail tickets to the bus driver to take advantage of this great offer.
Please note your train tickets must be valid for travel to Brighton or Hove. This special offer does not apply to bus "Discovery" tickets.
Saturday 7 May: Brighton Festival Children’s Parade
Until 13.00, service 77 to Devil’s Dyke will start from Churchill Square (Western Road). Brighton Pier and bus stops on the seafront and at Clarence Square will not be served.
Until 13.00 services 78 and 79 will be unable to serve North Street, the Clock Tower, Queens Road, Brighton Station or the North Laine (North Road) bus stops. Buses will run direct between Old Steine and St Peter’s Church.
Special Offers for Bus Passengers
Service 77: Please note that the Shepherd & Dog pub at Fulking is under new management and their special offer for bus passengers is no longer available.
Visiting the South Downs
The South Downs National Park has produced a variety of publications that offer information on walks and cycle rides, places to visit and eat, and upcoming events. Check the South Downs National Park website for more information.
Please contact us if you would like us to send you a set of these leaflets at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01273 292480.
- Comments or Questions about Breeze: email@example.com or phone 01273 292480
- Journey planning and real time bus information in and around Brighton & Hove
- Journey planning and bus timetables around the South East or phone traveline on 0871 200 22 33
- Enjoying the South Downs