Breeze up to the Downs!
Breeze up to the Downs is a network of three bus services linking the city with some of its most popular countryside destinations, within the South Downs National Park.
These services are provided by a partnership between Brighton & Hove City Council, The National Trust and the South Downs National Park Authority. The buses to Devil's Dyke and Stanmer Park run seven days a week and the Ditchling Beacon buses run at weekends.
Autumn/Winter 2015 to 2016
From 28 September until 23 April 2016
The 77 to Devil’s Dyke and 78 to Stanmer Park will continue to run seven days a week, whilst the 79 to Ditchling Beacon will continue to run every Saturday, Sunday and bank holiday. All three buses will be low-floor, easy-access double-deckers. On the 78 and 79 routes the buses also have space for two bikes.
Christmas and New Year: From Thursday, 24 December through Friday, 1 January (except 25 December) the weekend timetable will apply every day on the 77 to Devil’s Dyke and 78 to Stanmer Park. The 79 will run on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays only, as usual. There is no service on any route on 25 December.
- Service 77 to Devil’s Dyke: £2.90 single, £4.50 return
- Service 78 to Stanmer Park: £2.40 single and £4.50 return
- Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon: £2.90 single, £4.50 return
- Return tickets can be used to return from Devil's Dyke, Stanmer Park or Ditchling Beacon: so they are ideal for walkers too!
- Special return fare of £2.90 on Service 79 to Ditchling Beacon from any bus stop on Ditchling Road.
- Bus Pass holders travel free.
- Up to two children per adult travel free.
- Discovery Tickets offer one day’s unlimited bus travel in Sussex, Surrey and East Hampshire. Issued and accepted by all bus companies: just buy on board the first bus you catch! Family (5 people, max 2 adults) £16, Adult £8.50, Child £7.
- All SAVER tickets are accepted. You can also buy City SAVER (£4.70) and Network SAVER (£7) on board the bus.
Train special offer
To encourage people from further afield not to drive to the area, people arriving by train can buy two single or return journeys for the price of one. If you're travelling on your own you can get a third off the bus fare. Just show your rail tickets to the bus driver to take advantage of this great offer.
Please note your train tickets must be valid for travel to Brighton or Hove. This special offer does not apply to bus "Discovery" tickets.
Visiting the South Downs
The South Downs National Park has produced a variety of publications that offer information on walks and cycle rides, places to visit and eat, and upcoming events. Check the South Downs National Park website for more information.
Please contact us if you would like us to send you a set of these leaflets at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01273 292480.
- Comments or Questions about Breeze: email@example.com or phone 01273 292480
- Journey planning and real time bus information in and around Brighton & Hove
- Journey planning and bus timetables around the South East or phone traveline on 0871 200 22 33
- Enjoying the South Downs