Applying for a bus pass
Who can apply for a concessionary bus pass
To be eligible for a concessionary bus pass you must meet one of the following:
- the age criteria (PDF 31KB)
- be five years old or over with a qualifying disability as stated in the bus pass application form (PDF 170KB)
- be 18 years old or over and not permitted to drive because of a medical condition.
Apply with a paper application
Paper applications need to be made in person at Brighton customer service centre. You will need to bring:
- a completed bus pass application form (PDF 170KB)
- proof that you meet the meet the age criteria (PDF 31KB) or have a qualifying disability or medical condition
- a council tax bill, utility bill or bank statement showing your current address.
- we will take a photograph of you for free of charge
- contact us if you would like advice about suitable documentation
- you will usually receive you new pass within a week
- we do not offer companion passes to applicants
- Brighton customer service centre opening times - Monday to Fridays: 8.45am to 4.30pm.
Apply online for a new older person's bus pass (Beta)
This is a beta version of our form. A beta form is built to be easier to use than the form it replaces. We’re gathering feedback and data about this form to make further improvements.