A taxi rank is where licensed hackney carriages park while waiting for their next fare.
Get taxi rank locations in Brighton & Hove
- Can I park in a taxi rank?
- Why do we have taxi ranks?
- How do I know what the restrictions are?
- Are taxi bays enforceable on a bank holiday?
- I have received a Penalty Charge Notice when parking in a taxi rank, what do I do?
Only licenced hackney carriages that are waiting for their next fare can park in a taxi rank. They cannot stay in a taxi rank for any other reason.
Taxi ranks give drivers a place to park easily and centrally while waiting for a fare. Taxi ranks are usually situated where there is likely to be a need for a taxi throughout Brighton & Hove.
I have received a PCN when parking in a taxi rank what do I do?
We are now issuing Regulation 10 Penalty Charge Notices. This means that if you are seen, by a CCTV operator or a Civil Enforcement Officer, to be parked on a on a zig-zig we can issue a notice by post. This will be sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle.
You should decide whether to: