- Can I park in a permit bay?
- Can I get a permit for my trike?
- Why do we have permit bays?
- How do I know what the time of the restriction is?
- Are permit bays enforceable on bank and public holidays?
- I have received a Penalty Charge Notice when parking in a permit bay, what do I do?
Can I park in a permit bay?
You can park in a permit bay if you are displaying a:
- resident permit
- visitor permit
- hotel permit
- business permit
- traders permit up until 4pm
- council dispensation, also known as an essential council work dispensation, for one hour
You can only park in the zone specified on the permit. In the case of a traders permit or a council dispensation you can park in any permit bay in the Controlled Parking Zone.
The permits should be clearly displayed and valid for that vehicle. A visitor or hotel permit should be completed in full.
You can apply for a permit for your trike. Please ensure that you have somewhere secure to display your permit so that it cannot be easily taken or fall off the trike.
Why do we have permit bays?
We have permit bays so that permit holders, and their visitors, can park close to their home. Permit bays allow businesses to carry out essential work throughout Brighton & Hove.
How do I know what the time of the restriction is?
Please check that you are allowed to park there and that you have displayed the permit clearly and in accordance the terms and conditions of use.
You should then decide whether to: