Electric vehicle charging points
Electric vehicle charging bay
- Can I park in an electric vehicle charging bay?
- Map of electric vehicle charging points in Brighton & Hove
- Why do we have electric vehicle charging bays?
- How do I know what the restriction times are?
- Are electric vehicle charging points enforceable on a bank holiday?
- I have received a Penalty Charge Notice when parking in an electric vehicle charging bay, what do I do?
You can only park in an electric vehicle charging bay if the vehicle is charging and the vehicle has an electric vehicle permit.
As part of our work to promote sustainable transport we have installed several electric vehicle charging points in the city. Electric vehicles are more sustainable than cars that run on conventional fuel and as a council we fully support their use.
You may leave your electric vehicle there for up to three hours while charging. Once the vehicle is fully charged it should be moved to a different bay such as a pay and display bay.
You should decide whether to: