Double yellow line
- Can I park on double yellow lines?
- Where does the restriction apply?
- How do I know if there is a loading restriction on a yellow line?
- Are double yellow lines enforceable on a bank holiday?
- I have received a Penalty Charge Notice when parking on double yellow lines what do I do?
A double yellow line is restricted 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
There are some general exemptions such as loading/unloading or attending an emergency.
A Blue Badge holder can also park on yellow lines. Please see Blue Badge guidance.
Yellow lines are enforced up to the building boundary including pavement, grass verge and central reservations.
A loading restriction will be indicated by chevrons on the kerbside.
This means that you cannot park here or stop to load/unload or attend an emergency.
This is because it is seen as too dangerous for anyone to stop on these double yellow lines.
Double yellow lines are enforceable 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
To avoid being issued a Penalty Charge Notice on double yellow lines please follow the advice below:
Do not park on double yellow lines unless you are a Blue Badge holder, are engaged in continual loading/unloading or have a waiver or dispensation.
You should decided whether to: