JourneyOn - Hints and tips
Discover your JourneyOn travel website...
Plan your journey, get live bus, rail and traffic information with JourneyOn.
The JourneyOn website:
- is a ‘responsive’ website which adapts to the device you are using. The web page will always adjust to fit any size screen, so you can use it as easily on a tablet or phone as a computer. Just type www.journeyon.co.uk into your web browser and away you go.
- Live Bus Times tool has been designed so you don’t need to know the name of your bus stop to find the information you need. Just enter the number of your bus (i.e. 5), or your location (i.e. Churchill Square or Brighton Station), or a street or road name (i.e. New Church Road) and it’ll work out the rest.
- has ‘My Location’ functionality for quick trip planning on devices with GPS. This means JourneyOn will show your current location on the Live Bus Times, Live Train Times and Journey Planner map and use your location data to plan a journey and find your nearest bus stop or train station.
- Journey Planner, has a ‘share’ button. The 'share' button is in the ‘details’ tab, which is shown once you’ve chosen a walking, cycling, driving or public transport route in the ‘results’ tab. You can use the 'share' button to share the journey details with others via email or social media. This can help planning a group outing or planning a journey for someone else!
- has digital walks around the city you can follow on your mobile. If you turn on your device's GPS, a blue marker will show your location on the mapped walking route.
- JourneyOn has been designed so you can bookmark your favourite pages on all devices. This means you can access live travel information quickly and easily without needing to re-enter information into the travel planning tools. For example; a JourneyOn user called Sarah gets:
- The number 21 bus from outside Waitrose in Hove to Hove Station
- The train from Hove Station to London Victoria
- The train from London Victoria to Hove Station
- The number 21 bus from Hove Station to Waitrose in Hove
- Going to the web page that she’d like to create a bookmark for.
- Clicking on the 'star' shaped symbol located in the top right of the screen.
- Clicking on ‘Add Bookmark’.
To place the bookmark on your smartphone or tablet home screen:
- Press on the settings button located in the top right of the screen
- Locate the newly created bookmark
- Press and hold your finger on this bookmark.
- A new menu appear and in the list will be an option ‘Add to Home screen’. Press this option.
Please note: steps may vary depending on the make and model of the smartphone or tablet, so please refer to the manual for your device.