Dogs on the beach
From the 1 May - 30 September the following beaches are dog friendly and are marked with signs. During other times ALL beaches are dog friendly.
When you take your dog/s on the beach they must be supervised and under control at all times and any fouling must be cleared immediately (£500 fine).
Remember, dogs must be on a lead at all times while on all the promenades.
Please also note, when the sea is very rough and waves are crashing down, as you would keep your children and yourselves away from the waters edge, please do the same for you dog.
Dog Friendly Beaches
- the beaches between Longridge Avenue and the border with East Sussex (dogs banned from beach infront of Saltdean Subway and 1st beach to the east)
- the beaches between Chailey Avenue and Arundel Drive West Rottingdean (dogs banned from beach in front of Rottingdean slope and 1st beach to the east)
- beaches between West Marina Wall to Rottingdean slope**
- beaches between the west wall of Brighton Marina and up to Volks Railway Aquarium station.
- the beach in front and to the East of the Meeting Place Cafe, up to the large groyne with the lifering on. (Norfolk Groyne, opposite Ramada Jarvis Hotel)
- the beach opposite Holland Road through to the east of the Lawns Cafe, at the bottom of St John's Road, Hove promenade
- the beach to the west of the King Alfred car park through to Sackville gardens.
- the beach opposite Berridale/Welbeck Avenue through to the end of the Lagoon.
- dogs are allowed on the upper and lower promenade but must be on leads.
**Although the beach at Ovingdean Cafe is dog friendly, we ask all dog owners to be mindful of others, especially when the lifeguard post is open. We encourage people to swim on lifeguarded beaches and do not want them to be put off by an over excited dog.
If you have any further enquiries please contact the Seafront Office or speak to a lifeguard.