Future of our parks - share your views
We need to change the way we manage and maintain our open spaces as council budgets are reduced. Share your views and help us understand what's important to you.
- Brighton & Hove's main parks Includes Stanmer Park, Preston Park, The Level and Queens Park
- Countryside and green spaces Includes Devil's Dyke, Ditchling Beacon, Stanmer Park and the Chattri Memorial
- Walks and trail guides Find our guides to all the walks and trails in the West, East and North of the city
- Local nature reserves Get information on the Local Nature Reserves in the city such as Waterhall and Wild Park
- Dedicate a bench Find out how to dedicate a bench at one of the parks and gardens in the city and apply for it online
- Parks access for all Find out what facilities we have for disabled people in the parks including access around the park, toilets and parking
- Park rangers Find out what the Park Rangers are doing at your local park and volunteer online to help
- Volunteering in parks Find out what you can do with our Rangers and Parks team across the city
- Sheep Grazing Find out where the sheep are currently grazing and apply online to be a 'lookerer'
- South Downs National Park Find out more about the South Downs National Park Authority’s responsibilities
We want to have green spaces that are used and valued by the whole community. Along with Natural England we aim at everyone having an accessible natural green space less than 300 metres from their home. In 2014, Brighton and Lewes Downs becoming the first completely new Biosphere site in the UK in forty years.
We have seven Green Flag parks in the city, which have been recognised for their high standards and the service and enjoyment they provide for their communities.
Find your nearest park facilities and services.
Are you looking for a specific park or green space? check our A-Z guide.