The Level Restoration Project - Join us On The Level
Be a part of The Level
Key to The Level's future is continued community involvement.
The restoration was fully completed in December 2013, and various community activities are now being organised with volunteer support as part of the park's Activity Plan [PDF 163KB]
There is something for everyone to enjoy and get involved with.
- Volunteer walk leaders hold weekly sessions and also stage once-a-month Healthwalks
- Weekly volunteer-led play sessions
- The first gardening club starts in mid-August, with volunteers helping the on-site gardener with a range of gardening tasks
- We have trained oral history volunteers to help us celebrate the park's rich cultural and social history
Other volunteering opportunities available now
- The Level Communities Forum is a group of local volunteers who care deeply about The Level and its community future, and is working on an events and activities programme that complements and enhances the park's overall Activity Plan.
- There is other 'behind the scenes' help volunteers may be able to help with, such as event promotion and distribution.
Future activities will include:
- Wildlife and conservation
- Sports, physical activity and games
- Education and learning.
Volunteers will be given all necessary training and support.
- We are developing role descriptions for the main volunteer activities
- Find out about other ways of getting involved with the project.
Volunteers tell us they do so for a number of reasons, including:
- Having fun while learning new skills
- Helping build personal confidence
- Extending and sharing knowledge and interests
- Meeting new people and enhancing social life
- Boosting CVs
- Feeling really involved in helping local communities
- Having the chance (maybe!) to be featured in local media!
Find out more about volunteering in other city parks.
More information and ways to contact us
|More information||Contact us|
Follow us on Twitter #onthelevel
|Sports booking main page|