Personal searches under EIR Legislation

The following list shows where you can access data to answer Con29 questions yourself. Alternatively, for a small fee, the Local Land Charges Team will complete this work for you – please complete the Con29 Request Form [XLS, 55KB].

When completing your own search, please include the full question from the Con29 form when contacting each department.  Any follow-up queries or copies of documentation should be directed to the appropriate department.

Part of Con29 form

BHCC department

1.1 (a-e)

Planning decisions post-1997 are available online

Pre-1997 decisions are available from the Customer Service Centre on (01273) 292485


Information is available from the Building Control register

1.1(g), 3.7(a), 3.8

Contact Building Control direct on (01273) 292485 or write to Building Control Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove, BN3 3BR

1.2, 3.1, 3.9

Visit Planning online or contact the Customer Service Centre on (01273) 292485

2, 3.2, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7(h)

Visit Highways online or contact the Traffic Technician on (01273) 292181 or at

3.7 (b&f)

Environmental Health information is available by contacting (01273) 294490 or (01273) 294407 or by emailing EHL/

3.7 (d)

Private Sector Housing information is available by contacting (01273) 293156 or by emailing


Visit conservation areas for more information


These properties are subject to Compulsory Purchase Orders under Section 17 of the Housing Act 1985 (as amended) as part of the council’s Empty Property Strategy;

1. 87 Chester Terrace Brighton BN1 6GD

2. 3 Rudyard Road Woodingdean Brighton BN2 6UB – Confirmed Order

3. 72 Stanley Road Brighton BN1 4DH – Confirmed Order


Please note: Approval within the Council will not necessarily lead to confirmation of the Compulsory Purchase Order.


For further information please contact the Empty Property Team

3.12 (a-c)

Contaminated land information is available on their web page


The Health Protection Agency has identified the Brighton & Hove area as potentially having 5% of homes at or above the ‘action level’ for radon gas. Therefore, if you are concerned about the possibility of radon at this property you should contact the HPA direct:

Health Protection Agency
Centre for Radiation, Chemical and Environmental Hazards
Radiation Protection Division
Chilton, Didcot


If there are any changes to these procedures we will of course be in contact with you or if you’d like to discuss them, please feel free to contact one of our Local Land Charges team on (01273) 292007.