Homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
We understand that being at risk of homelessness or actually homeless can be very stressful. It is important to get help and advice at an early stage.
- If you do not live in Brighton & Hove find out how to contact your local authority
- If you're a Brighton & Hove council tenant, please contact Housing Customer Services for the Tenancy Support team
- If you're under 25, you can access housing advice for 16-25 year olds
- If you're living rough on the street, learn about our street outreach service
Finding accommodation in Brighton & Hove
There is very little social housing in Brighton & Hove and a huge demand for accommodation. This means that council and housing association properties are not widely available. Most people who need to move find accommodation in the private sector.
Below is some information which might help you:
- stay in your home
- if you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- deal with your rent arrears
- deal with mortgage debt
- if you are affected by domestic violence or non-violent relationship breakdown.
Over 25 and homeless or at risk of becoming homeless?
We can provide help and advice to help you to stay in your current home.
Our Housing Options Team can give you advice and information on what your options are.
Before you contact us you may want to find out more about what we'll look at if you make a homeless application.
If you've made a homeless application and are unhappy with our decision then you can request a review of your homeless application.
There are range of specialist advice services in Brighton & Hove:
- Advice for Gypsies and Travellers
- Immigration advice and support
- Housing advice for ex-service personnel
- LGBT advice services
- Advice Brighton provides information on a range of different services including housing and homelessness and dealing with debt
- Citizen's Advice Bureau
- Support 4 Housing can help if you or anyone in your household needs housing-related support
- Community Base offer information on a wide range of services across Brighton & Hove as well as information about jobs in the community
- My Life directory lists services and organisations in Brighton and Hove offering housing and homelessness support