To apply for sheltered housing, you will need to use Homemove, our choice based lettings system.
- If you are not registered with Homemove you need to complete an online housing application.
- If you are already signed up and have a Homemove number, you can make a bid on the Homemove website.
- For more information on applying for housing see our Homemove page for more information.
There is a sheltered housing frequently asked questions page if you need more general information.
Brighton & Hove City Council manages 23 sheltered schemes across the city providing over 830 homes. The Sheltered Housing service aims to provide older people with a high quality of accommodation and support services, meeting a wide range of needs, thus enabling them to live independently and in comfort.
Our sheltered schemes can offer the following benefits:
- a wide variety of locations and properties, including flats and bungalows
- a secure tenancy with the privacy of your own front door and living space
- a scheme manager on-site who can provide advice and help to arrange additional care services if required
- a 24-hour emergency alarm that allows residents to contact our CareLink Plus Control Centre or the scheme manager in an emergency
- a friendly, welcoming community of vibrant and diverse people
- communal lounges with a selection of social activities
- guest rooms where family and friends may stay while visiting
- private gardens or patios where residents may sit and relax
- an electric cooker and fridge if required
Sheltered housing is for older people who have some support needs. Applying is done through our usual choice based lettings system - see our applying for council housing page for more details.
For further information and advice on specialist housing for older people visit the Elderly Accommodation Counsel website.
Follow the links below for the details of our individual sheltered schemes or see our frequently asked questions page for more general information.
If you have any comments about a sheltered housing scheme or service, please complete our online customer comment form.